- Budget Reconciliation Process: Timing of Committee Responses to Reconciliation Directives -- Click to view this document
- Small Business Administration 504/CDC Loan Guaranty Program -- Click to view this document
- Armed Career Criminal Act (18 U.S.C. 924(e)): An Overview -- Click to view this document
- Renewable Energy Programs and the Farm Bill: Status and Issues -- Click to view this document
- Mandatory Minimum Sentencing: Federal Aggravated Identity Theft -- Click to view this document
Native Americans: A Compendium
This Compendium focuses primarily on American Indians with 12 sections covering topics such as educational issues, child welfare water rights the Indian Trust Fund, tribal government and tribal jurisdiction, taxation, criminal justice, and gaming. A single section is devoted to Alaska Eskimo.
Congress has extensive power to legislate on Indian affairs. This includes oversight of the trust relationship between tribes and the federal government, the regulation of Indian gaming, the extent of tribal criminal and civil jurisdiction, and the scope and administration of federal grant programs and benefits conferred on Indian tribes and other Native Americans. In addition to recurring appropriations and authorization issues involving the programs administered by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Indian Education, the Indian Health Service, and other federal agencies, Congress contends with an array of issues stemming from the unique legal relationship between the Indian nations and the federal government.
Updated Document as of Feb-04-2013
THE DOCUMENT INCLUDES FOLLOWING FILES:
|#||FILE NAME||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||PRICE|
|1||C-12022 Native Americans C12022 (2).pdf||Feb 04, 2013||C12022||337||$59.95||ADD TO CART|