- The Debate Over Selected Presidential Assistants and Advisors: Appointment, Accountability, and Congressional Oversight -- Click to view this document
- Comparison of Rights in Military Commission Trials and Trials in Federal Criminal Court -- Click to view this document
- Small Business Administration Microloan Program -- Click to view this document
- Navy Ohio Replacement (SSBN[X]) Ballistic Missile Submarine Program: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Small Business Administration HUBZone Program -- Click to view this document
- Dominican Republic: Background and U.S. Relations -- Click to view this document
- Multiyear Procurement (MYP) and Block Buy Contracting in Defense Acquisition: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Sugar Program: The Basics -- Click to view this document
- Coast Guard Cutter Procurement: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Lebanon: Background and U.S. Policy -- Click to view this document
- Chemical Facility Security: Issues and Options for the 113th Congress -- Click to view this document
- The DHS S&T Directorate: Selected Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
Animal Welfare: A Compendium
Whether additional measures are needed to protect the health and well being of animals has been a subject of debate in Congress. Animal protection activists, on the one hand, have long sought legislation to modify or curtail how nonhuman animals, whether living in captivity or in the wild, are used and treated. However, producers have resisted new laws to regulate animal activities that they deem to be acceptable or even necessary.
This Compendium discusses in detail the Animal Welfare Act. It provides details on the U.S. egg industry with particular attention on animal welfare issues for laying hens and summarizes federal animal protection statutes. Animal welfare supporters in the United States have long sought to modify or curtail some practices considered by U.S. agriculture to be acceptable or even necessary to animal health. The Compendium discusses these efforts and Congressional action.
Particular attention is given to current issues relating to wild horses and burros including horse slaughter prevention. The Compendium also describes several scientifically emerging animal bio technologies that have raised a variety of questions concerning risks to humans, animals, and the environment.
This package includes following files:
|#||File Name||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||Price|
|1||C-12015 Animal Welfare C-12015.pdf||Sep 27, 2012||C-12015||129||$59.95||Add to Cart|