- Members\' Representational Allowance: History and Usage -- Click to view this document
- Geoengineering: Governance and Technology Policy -- Click to view this document
- Keystone XL Pipeline Project: Key Issues -- Click to view this document
- Taiwan: Major U.S. Arms Sales Since 1990 -- Click to view this document
- Mountaintop Mining: Background on Current Controversies -- Click to view this document
Animal Welfare: A Compendium
Whether additional measures are needed to protect the health and well being of animals has been a subject of debate in Congress. Animal protection activists, on the one hand, have long sought legislation to modify or curtail how nonhuman animals, whether living in captivity or in the wild, are used and treated. However, producers have resisted new laws to regulate animal activities that they deem to be acceptable or even necessary.
This Compendium discusses in detail the Animal Welfare Act. It provides details on the U.S. egg industry with particular attention on animal welfare issues for laying hens and summarizes federal animal protection statutes. Animal welfare supporters in the United States have long sought to modify or curtail some practices considered by U.S. agriculture to be acceptable or even necessary to animal health. The Compendium discusses these efforts and Congressional action.
Particular attention is given to current issues relating to wild horses and burros including horse slaughter prevention. The Compendium also describes several scientifically emerging animal bio technologies that have raised a variety of questions concerning risks to humans, animals, and the environment.
This package includes following files:
|#||File Name||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||Price|
|1||C-12015 Animal Welfare C-12015.pdf||Sep 27, 2012||C-12015||129||$59.95||Add to Cart|