- Congressional Liaison Offices of Selected Federal Agencies -- Click to view this document
- Recently Expired Housing Related Tax Provisions ("Tax Extenders"): In Brief -- Click to view this document
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) and Related Non-Tariff Barriers to Agricultural Trade -- Click to view this document
- Reform of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Courts: A Brief Overview -- Click to view this document
- Unlawfully Present Aliens, Driver\'s Licenses, and Other State-Issued ID: Select Legal Issues -- Click to view this document
- Navy Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Program: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Navy Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) Program: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Runaway and Homeless Youth: Demographics and Programs -- Click to view this document
- The Budget Control Act and Trends in Discretionary Spending -- Click to view this document
- The U.S. Secret Service: History and Missions -- Click to view this document
- Survivor Benefits for Families of Civilian Federal Employees and Retirees -- Click to view this document
- The Peace Corps: Current Issues -- Click to view this document
- Navy Irregular Warfare and Counterterrorism Operations: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- Navy Ship Names: Background For Congress -- Click to view this document
Emergency Management: A Compendium
This Compendium provides details on the National Environmental PolicyÂ Act (NEPA) for disaster response, recovery, and mitigation projects. It discussesÂ the role of the United States Fire Administration. A section on nuclear powerÂ plants point to their vulnerabilities. The Emergency Planning and CommunityÂ Right-to-Know Act and the major regulatory programs that mandate reporting byÂ industrial facilities of releases of potentially hazardous chemicals to the environment,Â as well as local planning to respond in the event of significant releases areÂ summarized. The traditional funding for major disaster declarations, bothÂ through annual requested amounts and through supplemental appropriations toÂ meet greater than anticipated costs. Also explained are the workings of the Presidentâ€™sÂ Disaster Relief Fund, a â€œno-yearâ€ fund that finances spending under theÂ Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 93-288).
Project Bioshield (P.L. 108-276), which provides the federal governmentÂ with new authorities related to the development, procurement, and use of medicalÂ countermeasures against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear terrorismÂ agents, is outlined.
The agricultural sector is not exempt from disaster and this CompendiumÂ provides an overview of the current U.S. Department of Agriculture disaster assistanceÂ programs -- federal crop insurance, noninsured crop disaster assistance,Â and emergency disaster loans.
THE DOCUMENT INCLUDES FOLLOWING FILES:
|#||FILE NAME||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||PRICE|
|1||C-12013 Emergency Management C-12013.pdf||Jan 22, 2013||C12013||178||$59.95||ADD TO CART|