- Increased Department of Defense Role in U.S. Ebola Response -- Click to view this document
- Climate Summit 2014: Warm-Up for 2015 -- Click to view this document
- The "Khorasan Group" in Syria -- Click to view this document
- May States and Localities Hold Aliens Pursuant to Immigration Detainers? -- Click to view this document
- The Endangered Species Act Guide Part 2: Critical Habitat -- Click to view this document
- Treasury’s Actions on Corporate Inversions -- Click to view this document
- When Must Federal Prosecutors Yield to State Ethics Rules? -- Click to view this document
Emergency Management: A Compendium
This Compendium provides details on the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for disaster response, recovery, and mitigation projects. It discusses the role of the United States Fire Administration. A section on nuclear power plants point to their vulnerabilities. The Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act and the major regulatory programs that mandate reporting by industrial facilities of releases of potentially hazardous chemicals to the environment, as well as local planning to respond in the event of significant releases are summarized. The traditional funding for major disaster declarations, both through annual requested amounts and through supplemental appropriations to meet greater than anticipated costs. Also explained are the workings of the President’s Disaster Relief Fund, a “no-year” fund that finances spending under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 93-288).
Project Bioshield (P.L. 108-276), which provides the federal government with new authorities related to the development, procurement, and use of medical countermeasures against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear terrorism agents, is outlined.
The agricultural sector is not exempt from disaster and this Compendium provides an overview of the current U.S. Department of Agriculture disaster assistance programs -- federal crop insurance, noninsured crop disaster assistance, and emergency disaster loans.
THE DOCUMENT INCLUDES FOLLOWING FILES:
|#||FILE NAME||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||PRICE|
|1||C-12013 Emergency Management C-12013.pdf||Jan 22, 2013||C12013||178||$59.95||ADD TO CART|