- The Proposed Equal Rights Amendment: Contemporary Ratification Issues -- Click to view this document
- Selected Legislative Proposals to Reform the Housing Finance System -- Click to view this document
- Regulation of Clinical Tests: In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Devices, Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs), and Genetic Tests -- Click to view this document
- Armed Conflict in Syria:Overview and U.S. Response -- Click to view this document
- Congress\'s Contempt Power and the Enforcement of Congressional Subpoenas: Law, History, Practice, and Procedure -- Click to view this document
- Intellectual Property Rights and International Trade -- Click to view this document
- Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA): Gaming on Newly Acquired Lands -- Click to view this document
- Military Uniform Procurement: Questions and Answers -- Click to view this document
- Navy Ford (CVN-78) Class Aircraft Carrier Program: Background and Issues for Congress -- Click to view this document
- The Help America Vote Act and Election Administration: Overview and Issues -- Click to view this document
Emergency Management: A Compendium
This Compendium provides details on the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) for disaster response, recovery, and mitigation projects. It discusses the role of the United States Fire Administration. A section on nuclear power plants point to their vulnerabilities. The Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act and the major regulatory programs that mandate reporting by industrial facilities of releases of potentially hazardous chemicals to the environment, as well as local planning to respond in the event of significant releases are summarized. The traditional funding for major disaster declarations, both through annual requested amounts and through supplemental appropriations to meet greater than anticipated costs. Also explained are the workings of the President’s Disaster Relief Fund, a “no-year” fund that finances spending under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act (P.L. 93-288).
Project Bioshield (P.L. 108-276), which provides the federal government with new authorities related to the development, procurement, and use of medical countermeasures against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear terrorism agents, is outlined.
The agricultural sector is not exempt from disaster and this Compendium provides an overview of the current U.S. Department of Agriculture disaster assistance programs -- federal crop insurance, noninsured crop disaster assistance, and emergency disaster loans.
This package includes following files:
|#||File Name||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||Price|
|1||C-12013 Emergency Management C-12013.pdf||Jan 22, 2013||C12013||178||$59.95||Add to Cart|