today's posted documents
- Infrastructure Banks and Debt Finance to Support Surface Transportation Investment -- Click to view this document
- Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda): U.S. and International Response to Philippines Disaster -- Click to view this document
- Iran: U.S. Economic Sanctions and the Authority to Lift Restrictions -- Click to view this document
- U.S.-Mexico Water Sharing: Background and Recent Developments -- Click to view this document
- Mexico\'s Oil and Gas Sector: Background, Reform Efforts, and Implications for the United States -- Click to view this document
- Cancellation of Nongroup Health Insurance Policies -- Click to view this document
- Water Infrastructure Financing: Proposals to Create a Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) Program -- Click to view this document
- Length of Time from Nomination to Confirmation for U.S. Circuit and District Court Nominees: Overview and Policy Options to Shorten the Process -- Click to view this document
- Social Security Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Fund: Background and Solvency Issues -- Click to view this document
- Immigration Legislation and Issues in the 113th Congress -- Click to view this document
Regulation of Real Estate Appraisers and the "Cuomo Agreements"
Falling house prices and rising foreclosures in the subprime and Alt-A mortgage markets have led some to question the effectiveness of the current regulation of real estate appraisers. The Appraisal Subcommittee (ASC) of the Federal Financial Institutions Examinations Council (FFIEC) oversees the state licensing and certification of real estate appraisers. The ASC also oversees the issuance of the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) by the Appraisal Foundation. The ASC has limited enforcement powers over state boards that do not comply. The recently passed housing bill (H.R. 3221, P.L. 110-289) included language similar to an appraisal reform bill, H.R. 3837, that makes it unlawful to improperly influence real estate appraisals.
This package includes following files:
|#||File Name||Document Date||Order ID:||Number of Pages||Price|
|1||RS22953_04_29_2009.pdf||Sep 17, 2008||RS22953||5||$19.95||Add to Cart|